PF balance online in India- How to check the status? Where can I get the latest information about my PF balance status? Can I receive my PF account balance inquiry through SMS?
All salaried employees where the organization they are employed with, maintains their account with the Employee Provident Fund organization (EPFO) can check their PF balance online. However, employees of organizations such as banking and insurance sectors that maintain their own trust for PF do not have the facility of viewing their “PF balance online”.
EPFO launched online facility of PF balance enquiry on 1/7/2011. As a result, we are now able to view our updated PF accounts statement online on real time basis by following some simple steps.
Note down your EPFO account number (The account details is usually mentioned on your salary slip)
The PF account number is categorized based on State, Region, PF number and Account number.
E.g. – Account no. DL/CPM/0054327/8765 can be split as follows:
- The first 2 digits list the state code where the PF account is based. In this e.g. the account is based in Delhi
- The next 3 digits list the region code.
- The next 5 digits would be your PF number and the last 4 digits represent your account number.
PF Balance Online Status Check – Steps to Follow
- Log on to the EPFO website
- Select the state
- Select the EPFO office where the account is maintained
- Fill in the online application form with the following details
- Fill in PF account number (only numeric digits). If the PF number is less than seven digits, place 00 before the PF number (First box of Employee PF Account Number)
- Fill in the establishment code, in case the code is not available, place 000 in the box (Second box of Employee PF Account Number)
- Fill in the Account Number (Third box of Employee PF Account Number)
- Name – As mentioned in the Salary Slip
- 10 digit mobile number (The same will be then registered with EPFO office)
- Click on I Agree and Submit
PF Balance Online – Images to Follow
PF Balance Online – SMS Format
You will get your PF balance account statement in five minutes in the below mentioned format
EPF Balance in A/C No. DL/CPM/0054327/000/0008765 is EE Amt: Rs. 21057, ER Amt: Rs.18000 as on 01-01-2014(Accounts updated upto 31-03-2013) – EPFO
Where EE is employee contribution and ER is employer contribution.
In case you receive an SMS stating that the data is not found, please get in touch with your employer or wait till your data is updated.
Now you know how to get PF balance online. Please feel free to comment if you face any problem in getting your PF balance online.